Getty Images

Underhill gets dramatic send-off, Gillingham win title

Underhill gets dramatic send-off, Gillingham win title
By Eurosport

21/04/2013 at 01:12Updated 21/04/2013 at 04:03

Barnet's final game at Underhill witnessed plenty of drama as the hosts secured a vital win, while Gillingham secured the League Two title courtesy of a 2-2 draw at home to AFC Wimbledon.

Graham Stack's penalty save and Jake Hyde's strike - both at the death - ensured Barnet ended 106 years at their old stadium with a 1-0 defeat of Wycombe and also took a giant leap towards safety.

Hyde fired the Bees in front in the 81st minute with a close-range finish from a Luke Gambin cross however the fairytale ending at Underhill looked like turning into a nightmare moments later.

Tom Flanagan fouled Wycombe midfielder Bruno Andrade in the box but Joel Grant's spot kick was pushed wide by Stack as Barnet held on to move out of the League Two drop zone.

After kick-off was delayed by 15 minutes, Barnet had the first two chances of the match with Hyde poking wide before seeing a header saved by Chairboys keeper Matt Ingram.

Curtis Weston almost put the Bees ahead just before the break with a powerful 25-yard effort, while player/manager Edgar Davids could not find the target when well placed.

Keanu Marsh-Brown then smashed over and substitute Gambin was denied by Ingram before Hyde and Stack combined late on with Barnet now a point above the drop zone with one match left.

Gillingham finished top of the table to win their first league title in almost 50 years despite seeing a two-goal lead slip at home to Wimbledon.

Goals from Deon Burton and Danny Kedwell had the Gills in front but in the second half, Wimbledon responded through Jack Midson and Jon Meades.

Port Vale in second spot shared a 2-2 draw with Northampton, while third-placed Rotherham beat Plymouth by Kieran Agard's goal.

Cheltenham beat Exeter 1-0, but there was a defeat for Burton Albion as they lost 1-0 to Bradford City.

Chesterfield were convincing 3-1 winners at Fleetwood, and Oxford United claimed a 3-0 win over Rochdale.

Southend lost 2-1 at York City, and Accrington edged out Bristol Rovers 1-0. Torquay beat Morecambe 2-0 away from home, while bottom of the table Aldershot sealed a crucial three points with a 1-0 win over Dagenham and Redbridge.