Michal Kwiatkowski wins Tirreno-Adriatico ahead of Milan-San Remo
Former world champion Michal Kwiatkowski claimed the Tirreno-Adriatico week-long race as he retained the overall leader's blue jersey after the final individual time trial on Tuesday.
The Polish rider, who appears in great form four days before the first Monument (top classic) of the season, Saturday's Milan-San Remo, beat Italian Damiano Cruso of BMC Racing by 24 seconds.
His Sky team-mate Geraint Thomas of Britain ended up third overall, 32 seconds off the pace.
Australian Rohan Dennis (BMC Racing) was the fastest on the 10-km course around San Benedetto Del Tronto as he set off in dry conditions, unlike the top favourites, to clock 11 minutes 14 seconds.
Tirreno-Adriatico 2018, Stage 7, 10km ITT
1. Rohan Dennis (BMC Racing) 11m14s
2. Jos van Emden (LottoNL-Jumbo) 4s
3. Jonathan Castroviejo (Team Sky) 8s
5. Gianni Moscon (Team Sky) 12s
6. Michael Hepburn (Mitchelton-Scott) 13s
7. Jack Bauer (Mitchelton-Scott) 13s
8. Luke Durbridge (Mitchelton-Scott) 17s
9. Primoz Roglic (LottoNL-Jumbo) 18s
10. Vasil Kiryienka (Team Sky) 18s
Final general classification
1. Michal Kwiatkowski (Team Sky) 25h32m56s
2. Damiano Caruso (BMC Racing) 24s
3. Geraint Thomas (Team Sky) 32s
4. Tiesj Benoot (Lotto-Soudal) 1m06s
5. Adam Yates (Mitchelton-Scott) 1m10s
7. Davide Formolo (Bora-Hansgrohe) 1m15s
8. Jaime Roson (Movistar) 1m15s
9. George Bennett (LottoNL-Jumbo) 1m16s
10. Rigoberto Uran (EF Education First-Drapac) 1m22s