The two leaders started leg two in Greece 6.5 seconds apart. Citroen driver Loeb added 1.1s to his margin on the opening Klenia Mycenae stage, but fastest times for Latvala's Ford on Ghymno and Kefalari brought the gap down to just a second.
Loeb retaliated on Ziria, the final stage of the loop, taking a narrow win and re-establishing a 2.2s advantage heading for service.
Czech Ford driver Martin Prokop now occupies the final top five spot, though that might not be the case for long as he has the recovering Mads Ostberg (Adapta Ford) just two seconds behind.
Leading positions after SS13:
1. Sebastien Loeb Citroen 3h04m31.8s
2. Jari-Matti Latvala Ford + 2.2s
3. Petter Solberg Ford + 20.1s
4. Mikko Hirvonen Citroen + 1m06.1s
5. Martin Prokop Czech Ford + 6m28.0s
6. Mads Ostberg Adapta Ford + 6m30.4s
7. Nasser Al-Attiyah Qatar Citroen + 7m02.4s
8. Sebastien Ogier VW Skoda + 8m02.5s
9. Andreas Mikkelsen VW Skoda + 9m10.4s
10. Thierry Neuville Citroen Junior + 9m29.3s