It was Sykes' seventh pole of the season, and it came in an eventful session during which Max Biaggi was eliminated in S1 and and S2 was stopped after an oil spill.
Carlos Checa took second place, while with Eugene Laverty and Davide Giugliano followed him on to the front row.
Biaggi, who leads this season's championship, suffered after deciding against using a qualifying tyre. He was pushed down to 14th, less than 0.1s from the cut-off in 12th, and did not advance.
In Superpole 2 Giuglano's Ducati leaked, leading to a crash for Ayrton Badovini, and there was a delay of over an hour as the track was cleaned.
Giugliano, who low-sided in the incident, was able to get the bike back in action when the session resumed, and the 20-minute final Superpole session was keenly-contested.
Sykes was four-tenths of a second clear of Checa, and the Brit looks in good shape for the race.
1. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing Team ZX-10R 1m 58.010s
2. Carlos Checa ESP Althea Racing 1098R 1m 58.470s
3. Eugene Laverty IRL Aprilia Racing Team RSV4 1m 58.741s
4. Davide Giugliano ITA Althea Racing 1098R 1m 58.789s
5. Marco Melandri ITA BMW Motorrad Motorsport S1000RR 1m 58.885s
6. Jonathan Rea GBR Honda World Superbike Team CBR1000RR 1m 59.560s
7. Leon Haslam GBR BMW Motorrad Motorsport S1000RR 1m 59.583s
8. Michel Fabrizio ITA BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet S1000RR 1m 59.621s
9. Chaz Davies GBR ParkinGO MTC Racing RSV4 1m 59.748s
10. Jakub Smrz CZE Liberty Racing Team Effenbert 1098R 1m 59.871s
11. David Salom ESP Team Pedercini ZX-10R No Time
12. Ayrton Badovini ITA BMW Motorrad Italia GoldBet S1000RR No Time
13. Leon Camier GBR FIXI Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 1m 59.439s
14. Max Biaggi ITA Aprilia Racing Team RSV4 1m 59.453s
15. Loris Baz FRA Kawasaki Racing Team ZX-10R 1m 59.627s
16. John Hopkins USA FIXI Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 1m 59.973s
- Related links