Mark Webber's path into Formula was far from easy having passed through all the lower categories before evetually getting his chance with Minardi in 2002. His debut turned out to be a major success. He contested his inaugural Formula One race, the 2002 Australian Grand Prix, with the Minardi team and inspired his home crowds by taking a great fifth place.
At the end of that season, Mark moved to Jaguar. He contested two seasons for the English team and again he succeeded in delivering impressive performances. Mark’s 2004 highlight came early in the season
In the season’s second race, the Malaysian Grand Prix, the native Queanbeyan caused a stir by qualifying in second position on the grid.
Altogether, Mark has scored a total of 26 championship points. In 2003, at Indianapolis, he even led the US Grand Prix. For his fourth season in the pinnacle of motor racing, the new Williams driver has set himself the goal of being a regular contender for victories.
DRIVER STATS from Mark Webber
Red Bull Racing
Australia 2002 (Minardi)
0 (Best finish 3rd, Monaco 2005)
0 (Best grid 2nd, Malaysia 2004, Spain 2005, Monaco 2006)
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS from Mark Webber
- Australian Formula Ford, 14th
- Australian Formula Ford, 4th
- British Formula Ford, 2nd
- British Formula 3, 4th - 1 win
- FIA GT Championship(Mercedes), 2nd - 5 wins
- Formula 1 Test Driver (Arrows)
- Formula 1 Test Driver (Benetton) & F3000, 3rd - 1 win
- Formula 1 Test driver (Benetton) & F3000, 2nd - 3 wins